Composed of 338 items, with the RC (Restructured Clinical) Scales at its core, the MMPI-2-RF builds on the strengths of the MMPI®-2 test to create a new standard. Psychometrically up-to-date, the MMPI-2-RF is linked to current models of psychopathology and personality.
A comprehensive technical manual for the MMPI-2-RF reports empirical correlates of the scales in a range of settings, including mental health inpatient and outpatient clinics, substance abuse treatment centers, criminal court proceedings, personal injury and disability evaluations, and public safety employment evaluations. The MMPI-2-RF provides a valuable alternative to the MMPI-2 test, not a replacement. The MMPI-2 test continues to be published and fully supported by the University of Minnesota Press and distributed exclusively by Pearson. The MMPI-2-RF aids clinicians in the assessment of mental disorders, identification of specific problem areas, and treatment planning in a variety of settings.
The test can be used to help:
- Assess major symptoms of psychopathology, personality characteristics, and behavioral proclivities.
- Evaluate participants in substance abuse programs and select appropriate treatment approaches.
- Assess medical patients and design effective treatment strategies, including chronic pain management.
- Support college and career counseling recommendations
- Provide valuable insight for marriage and family counseling.
- Support classification, treatment, and management decisions in criminal justice and correctional settings.
- Identify high-risk candidates in public safety screening and selection settings.
- Give strong empirical foundation for expert testimony in forensic evaluations.
- Comprehensive technical manual that presents empirical data.The technical manual reports empirical correlates of the scales in a range of settings, including mental health inpatient and outpatient clinics, substance abuse treatment centers, criminal court proceedings, personal injury and disability evaluations, and public safety employment evaluations.
- Nationally representative normative sample. Drawn from the MMPI-2 normative sample, the MMPI-2-RF normative sample consists of 2,276 men and women between the ages of 18 and 80 from several regions and diverse communities in the U.S.
- Availability of comparison samples. Descriptive data from a broad range of settings make it possible for test users to compare individual test results with relevant reference groups in settings such as mental health, medical, forensic, criminal justice, and public safety.
Only 35–50 minutes to administer.